Parish Update -- May 7, 2021, bulletin attached
Parish Update -- May 7, 2021
Dear Parishioners of St. Joseph and Corpus Christi:
New Covid Protocols
-- There has been some changes in the last few days regarding the Covid Protocols from the Diocese of Jackson. The biggest change is the change from 6 feet of social distancing to 3 feet of social distancing. This will allow us to remove the ropes from the pews, while we are encouraged to still maintain 3 feet of distancing from those who are not from the same household. Also, we will be bringing the missalettes back, but that's in conjunction with good hand sanitization. The changes are gradual.
From the diocese:
• Social distancing will be at 3 feet rather than 6 feet.
• Masks are still required.
• Communion will be received in the hand, not directly in the mouth.
• Hymnals and missalettes may be used in the pews.
• Sanitizing the pews does not have to be as often as before, since the CDC states that the risk from contracting the virus from surfaces is minimal. The community should prudently decide on sanitizing procedures.
• Hand sanitizer should still be used by parishioners upon entrance to the church and should be provided by the parish.
• Offertory should be collected using a basket placed in an accessible place, such as a table near the entrance to the church rather than passing a basket during offertory time.
to Emilia Falls who was baptized this past Sunday! Emilia is the newborn daughter of Grace and Jeremy Falls.
also to our youth who were Confirmed this past Wednesday night. Lillee Alpe, Evelyn Artigues, Mary Margaret Balzli, Tyler Cash, Shannon Dewberry, Carolyn Doan, Christian Dunne, Claire Farmer, Estephanie Fuentes, William George, Kolten Janus, Andrew Keith, Ryan Leach, Douglas Loden, Layla Renot, Emma Renot, Anna Richey and Matthew Swiderski. A special thanks to Bishop Kopacz, Deacon Jeff Artigues, Deacon John McGinley and Fr. Albeen Vatti. Also, thank you to our catchists: Meg Ferguson, David Gaudin, Bradley Burns. Also thanks to Zach Rowland who took pictures to commemorate this special night and to Rhett Fereday for the beautiful music.
Parish Pastoral Council Elections
are Sunday. Eight parishioners have agreed to be nominated to serve on the next council. We are grateful for their willingness to serve. The 4 top votes will be on the Council. The names on the ballot are: Lance Atchley, Karen Arzamendi, Barbara Coats, Scott Comish, Carrie Couvillion, Janet Downey, Catherine Failla and Sarah Fratesi. Thank you for taking the time to vote. Special thanks to Glenn Schmidt, Hillary Smith, Tom Simmonds, and Rosy Taquino who are rolling off of the Parish Council.
- The Ladies Auxiliary are having a bake sale. You can find the order form by clicking the button below. Proceeds will help sponsor their yearly scholarship for a senior in High School.
Bake Sale Orders
-- We are looking for a few folks to commit to some hours for Tuesday Adoration. Please contact Deacon Jeff if you are interested. His email address is
Bulletin - May 9, 2021.pub.pdf
Fr. Jason Johnston
on Friday, May 7 at 11:40AM