Parish Weekly Update -- September 8, 2019
Parish Weekly Update (Sunday Edition) -- September 8, 2019
Good morning everyone!
I hope you've all had a great start to the weekend and enjoyed that big win over Southern yesterday.
1. Time and Talent -- This is the last week of our Time and Talent drive. I hope everyone has been able to fill out a Ministry form. We definitely still need help with Liturgical Ministries.
2. Ministry Training/Update sessions -- Today begins our trainings for Lectors at 3:00pm and Ushers at 4:00pm. Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion are Tuesday at 6pm and Altar Server training is on Wednesday at 6pm also. Both are in the Church. There will be one more training for each ministry next week also.
3. ENGAGE -- Deacon John is starting up ENGAGE again beginning this Monday Sept. 9 at 6:00pm in the Church. ENGAGE is a series of one-hour talks and discussions about faith and spirituality that are intended to help us each engage in our faith in new ways. There is no cost or signup required and you don't have to attend each session - just come to the ones you can.
4. RCIA -- It's not too late to come to RCIA, if you or someone you know is interested in joining the Church. We had an excellent meeting last Wednesday and I expect we're going to have another great year.
4.1 Catholics needing Confirmation -- Also, if you're above high-school age, Catholic, and you've never received the Sacrament of Confirmation, and would like to, please get in contact with me or Dr. Dave Monts (firstname.lastname@example.org).
5. Confessions -- If you need a confession today, remember that we have opened a confession time during the weekend at 4:30 today before the 5:30 Mass.
6. The handicap parking close to the Church is almost ready, but not quite. They told us it wouldn't really be ready to park on until this upcoming Friday.
7. Home-bound Food Pantry volunteers -- We are also in need of volunteers to deliver to patrons once a month at your convenience. If interested, please call Barbara Clynch at (662) 323-0485 or email her at
8. Also, CCM is having Adoration and Benediction in the Church tomorrow at 8pm. Confession will be available as well.
9. Fr. Al Camp/No Mass Wednesday -- I will not be here on Wednesday in order to attend his funeral at the basilica in Natchez, Mississippi. I had the good fortune of living with Fr. Camp at the rectory at St. Francis in Madison, MS for my first few years of priesthood. You will see in the bulletin, that there will be three Masses said for him here. When a priest of the diocese dies the other diocesan priests are bound to pray three Masses for the repose of his soul.
Fr. Jason Johnston
on Sunday, September 8 at 7:16AM