Parish Update -- June 19, 2020
Parish Update -- June 19, 2020 (Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus)
Dear Parishioners of St. Joseph and Corpus Christi:
Happy feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus!
1. Mass Signups -- Here are the links for Mass signups for this weekend and the upcoming week:
Sunday June 21:
Daily Mass June 23-26:
2. Seniors only Mass -- After today, for as long as needed, we will provide a Mass on Friday for Seniors -- those 65 years and up. So from next week on, the regularly scheduled Friday noon daily Mass will be for seniors only.
3. The Liturgy of the Hours -- On Sunday evening we have been praying Vespers after the 5:30 PM Mass, Deacon Jeff, Deacon John, Carlisle and myself have been offering the reflection. This will last throughout the Summer, a Summer Vespers Series.
4. Ushers -- We could still use ushers for Masses going forward. Please let Dawn know in the office if you can help out at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Marriage Prep -- If you are interested, we need help organizing our parish Marriage Preparation program. We are looking for couples who love their Catholic Faith and who love their marriage and are looking to grow in both aspects and help others fo the same. We definitely need young couples, but all ages are welcome.
In 1899, Pope Leo XIII composed the following prayer as an act of consecration to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. This would be a good thing for you and your families to do in your own homes:
Most sweet Jesus, Redeemer of the human race, look down upon us humbly prostrate before Thine altar. We are Thine, and Thine we wish to be; but, to be more surely united with Thee, behold each one of us freely consecrates himself today to Thy most Sacred Heart.
Many indeed have never known Thee; many too, despising Thy precepts, have rejected Thee. Have mercy on them all, most merciful Jesus, and draw them to Thy sacred Heart.
Be Thou King, O Lord, not only of the faithful who have never forsaken Thee, but also of the prodigal children who have abandoned Thee; grant that they may quickly return to Thy Father's house lest they die of wretchedness and hunger.
Be Thou King of those who are deceived by erroneous opinions, or whom discord keeps aloof, and call them back to the harbor of truth and unity of faith, so that there may be but one flock and one Shepherd.
Be Thou King of all those who are still involved in the darkness of idolatry or of Islamism, and refuse not to draw them into the light and kingdom of God. Turn Thine eyes of mercy towards the children of the race, once Thy chosen people: of old they called down upon themselves the Blood of the Savior; may it now descend upon them a laver of redemption and of life.
Grant, O Lord, to Thy Church assurance of freedom and immunity from harm; give peace and order to all nations, and make the earth resound from pole to pole with one cry: "Praise be to the divine Heart that wrought our salvation; to it be glory and honor for ever." Amen.
Fr. Jason Johnston
on Friday, June 19 at 11:24AM